Associate membership is a way to test out Rotary without a big commitment, either time or financial.
Associate members are treated as active members of the club and do not need to come along to meetings as a 'guest'. They can take full part in club activities but cannot vote on any decisions or hold any office.
Rules regarding Associate Membership
- Associate Members may be aged 21 upwards
- Maximum period of Associate membership is 2 years
- Associate Members should try and attend at least one meeting per month
- Dress code for meetings is smart casual
- May apply to become full members of the club at any time
- Annual fee is £25 non-refundable, but will count towards full membership fee (£100 at time of writing)
- Club meals for meetings at Oakmere Golf club are £10.00
- Associates will be encouraged to participate fully in club activities whether sociable or charitable
- They may attend Business Meetings, suggest activities etc., and will also be invited to at least one Council meeting but will not have any voting rights at any meeting
- The club will provide guidance and mentoring to ensure that they appreciate the full extent of the Rotary movement and their obligations as a full member.
- Should the format of the club not suit them, the club will explore with them alternate means of remaining in the Rotary organisation
- Selection of Associate Members will be the responsibility of the club council following completion of a simple application form and interview